Weight Loss Pre-Conditioning
Three to five days before you begin your program, we would like for you to do the following:
- Begin taking the Meta-Health herbal capsules (appetite suppressant) as instructed.
- Cut back on your food intake by mainly eliminating in-between meals snacking and junk foods. Begin eliminating fat, sugar, salt, and caffeine from your normal diet.
- Use salad dressing available from the Center instead of your regular salad dressing.
- Start drinking more water daily. By the time you have finished your preconditioning we would like for you to be able to consume a minimum of 64 oz. (8 - 8 oz. glasses of water each day. You may add a slice of fresh lemon or orange to your water if desired.
- Begin implementing the Life Management Guidelines provided below.
- After you have completed the pre-conditioning for three to five days you will proceed to the days 1 - 4 menu plan provided by the Center. When you begin this menu, you will begin taking your protein supplements. You will take 4 protein drinks per day for the first four days. Beginning with day 5 you may decrease your protein drinks to 3 times daily.
Remind yourself daily how SPECIAL you are. You are very special and you deserve this time and attention.
When you begin taking care of yourself, you will feel great and you will become the best that you can be.
We applaud you in your decision to lose those extra pounds.
~ The Center Staff is here to help and guide you!!
- At home, limit food intake to one specific place.
- Rearrange food supplies.
- Keep food out of rooms other than the kitchen or the pantry.
- Have children or spouse make their own snacks.
- Ask family and friends not to use food for gifts or as a reward.
- Change your route if a particular store or vending machine is a problem
- Keep extra food away from the table. Keep platters in the kitchen.
- Clear the table immediately after finishing eating.
- Have someone else remove, store and throw away leftovers.
- Continue daily recording of your food intake.
- Plan in advance for preferred foods.
- Pre-plan food intake for each day.
- Set up a time schedule each day for meals and snacks.
- Prepare snacks in small quantities.
- At a party, sit away from your favorite snack foods.
- At a party, keep the basic techniques of recording, sitting down to eat and limiting eating to one place.
- Decide beforehand what you will order at a restaurant.
- Avoid long periods of deprivations prior to a party or restaurant meal.
- At restaurants, make special requests.
- Give away, store or throw away leftover party foods.
- Prepare a complete shopping list.
- Shop when you are not hungry.
- Avoid distracting activities while not eating.
- Eat slowly.
- Sit down while eating.
- Plan a short delay before starting to eat.
- Eat preferred foods first.
- Leave a small amount of food on your plate.
- At a buffet dinner, look over the entire array of food before making selections.
- Use alternative activities to decrease habitual feelings of hunger.
- Change recognizable patterns of abnormal eating habits.
- Maintain behavioral changes related to eating.